Monday, April 21, 2008

The mice are playing

With two overnight trips to Hobart in one week, I took a few days off writing.

I was mildly curious to see how the characters would react to being "ignored". I expected Gwyn would be the ring-leader. He's the one who has been bugging me to write the book so far. He's a nice, easy-going sort of characters, who has a POV and a small subplot that seem to satisfy him, but he does have a stubborn streak.

The first few days he just grumbled about a lack of progress, like usual, but then he the vague ideas I'd been toying with for a sequel and turned them into the start of a proper plot, with himself as a bad guy. The most unlikely bad guy I've ever written, I'm sure, but the story he is offering hits many of my "that'd be fun to write" buttons. Sneaky little bastard.

I need to get back to writing the WIP as soon as possible before he comes up with something worse.

2 comments:

Kiersten White said...

Ah! I totally thought you were a guy. The internet is so weird. I also though that writtenwyrdd was a guy and that whirlochre was a girl.

Regardless of gender, I'm loving your comments on EE. Thanks so much!

Xenith said...

WO isn't? I think I'll give up. I only just discoverd that Ril is he and gutterball is she. It sort of makes you wonder if it matters.